Whisky Galore Itinerary
Liquid gold, water of life, scotch, single malt – call it what you like, this itinerary is all about Scotland’s national drink: Whisky!
This one week itinerary takes you all over Scotland to experience the joys of whisky. While the itinerary focuses on the whiskies of Islay and the Speyside, you will be able to visit distilleries in most other whisky regions too – or at least try a dram at a local pub.
✌️ Get to know Scotland’s different whisky regions
✌️ Go to the source and tour whisky distilleries
✌️ Learn about the art of coopering whisky casks
✌️ Have a dram, or two, or three, or four, or five…
A Scotland itinerary designed by a local expert.buy this itinerary
This is the perfect Scotland itinerary for whisky lovers who want to. visit distilleries, learn about different styles of malt whisky and everything else that has to. do with the whisky industry. Of course, it also includes suggestions for other things to do – to take a break from the dram, or walk off your hangover…
Duration: 8 days (with 10 & 14 day options)
Distance: 650 miles + detours
Transport: 🚙 Car (Self-Drive)
Start/finish: Edinburgh or Glasgow
With this itinerary you’ll see:
➡️ Glasgow: Clydeside Distillery
➡️ Isle of Islay: Whisky Coast, old & new distilleries, Jura Distillery
➡️ Scottish Highlands
Oban: Oban Distillery
Fort William: Nevis Distillery
Dalwhinnie: Dalwhinnie Distillery
➡️ Speyside: Dufftown, Aberlour, Craigellachie, River Spey, Glenlivet
➡️ Edinburgh: Scotch Whisky Experience, Johnnie Walkerbuy this itinerary
This is a Ready-Made Scotland Itinerary to help you plan and guide you during your trip. After purchasing this itinerary, you will receive an email with a link to download the included resources. The itinerary file is a PDF which you can download and save on any device you wish to use. To access the corresponding map, you will need access to Google Maps.
➡️ A detailed day-by-day description of the 8-day route
➡️ A corresponding Google map with saved pins for all mentioned locations – incl. public restrooms along the way!
➡️ Suggestions for how to extend the route to 10 days or 2 weeks
➡️ Lots of practical travel tips for your road trip
➡️ Suggestions for where to eat, activities to try and excursions to book, but also plenty of free things to do
➡️ Trip Planning Worksheets to track your planning progress or print out and use on the road
➡️ A list of recommended accommodations
➡️ A video slideshow with images from the route to watch and share with your travel buddies
What’s not included?
❌ Flights to and from Scotland
❌ Hire vehicle & petrol, any other local transport
❌ Bookings for accommodation, tours and attractions
❌ Food & Drink
What makes this itinerary great?
- This Scotland itinerary is carefully planned and designed by a local expert.
- Each itinerary features a beautifully illustrated map by Tartan Trailburner.
- You can follow the detailed descriptions every day without feeling rushed or worrying that you’re missing out on something special.
- You’ll find estimated driving times between stops, so you don’t have to guess.
- You’ll get tons of suggestions for places to visit, things to do, tours and activities to pick & mix depending on your interests, budget and travel style.
- Find suggested podcast episodes inspired by the route to listen before your trip or on the road.
Good to know
- This is an information product. You still need to do your own research about travel times, weather, entry requirements and so on.
- If you’d like a custom itinerary itinerary for your trip, you can hire me as your trip planner here!
- The designs and photos included in the itinerary resources may not be copied or shared in whole or in part. The map illustrations are copyright Lizzie Vaughan-Knight.
Because this is a digital product I’m unable to give refunds once you purchase the product. If you have any questions or concerns about this or any other product by Watch Me See, get in touch and I will help you decide which resource is best for you.
Frequently asked questions
You could walk into any bookstore and pick up a 300-page Scotland travel guidebook for around $15.
So, why should you invest in a more expensive Ready-Made Scotland Itinerary?
- Peace of mind: My itineraries put a stop to your planning overwhelm. No more FOMO or second-guessing.
- Made by a local: I’ve lived in Scotland for years and travelled the country extensively. My itineraries combine some better known locations with lots of hidden gems I discovered on my travels – a curated list of places that are worth your time.
- Tested and proven: I have travelled to all the places I recommend on my itineraries and tested different routes and configurations myself or with clients. I know these routes are amazing.
- Save time: No need to spend hours pouring over multiple books, maps and blogs to craft an itinerary that ticks all your boxes AND is feasible. With a ready-made itinerary you are good to go.
- Make life easier: Instead of 300 overwhelming pages, you get the most important information in a condensed and easy-to-use format.
Any questions? Get in touch!
Because this is a digital product I’m unable to give refunds once you purchase the product.
If you have any questions or concerns about this or any other product by Watch Me See, get in touch and I will help you decide which resource is best for you.
If you have concerns about the product after you purchased it, I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about using the resources and getting the most out of them. Just send me an email.
My full returns policy is available on my Disclaimer page.
Want to amend the itinerary you bought to better fit your timeframe or interests? I can help you adapt and fine tune the route with an Itinerary Review. Email me with your receipt and I’ll send you a discounted booking link for a 1:1 session.
Please note, that the discount only applies if you use the itinerary you bought as a basis for your amended route. Watch Me See has discretion over the discount rate.
About the author
Hi, my name is Kathi!
I’m an Austrian travel writer based in Glasgow. In 2013, I followed a calling I could not explain, packed my bags and moved to Glasgow. Needless to say, I fell madly in love!
As an expat, I have experienced Scotland as a tourist and newcomer, but also as a local. I can relate to the weird and the quirky impressions of a first timer, and explain how to navigate the country like an expert.
I have travelled thousands of miles around Scotland on road trips, trains, buses, and ferries, and visited nearly 40 islands. I know the must see’s and hotspots, but also the hidden gems and local secrets that will make your trip extra special.
With this any my other itineraries I want to help you plan an unforgettable trip to Scotland – no planning overwhelm, no FOMO on the road, just you and Scotland!