This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to me, the blog owner (Kathi Kamleitner) and do not represent those of people, institutions or organisations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organisation, company, or individual.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
All photos on Watch Me See are the property of Kathi Kamleitner, unless I credit the original photographer underneath the photo or the photo is under a CC0 license. Photos may not be used or reproduced elsewhere without my explicit permission. If you’d like to purchase my photography for use in your marketing campaigns or to display in your home, get in touch at [email protected].
Any downloadable file, including but not limited to pdfs, docs, jpegs, pngs, is provided at the user’s own risk. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages resulting from a corrupted or damaged file. All downloadable files are the property of Kathi Kamleitner and may not be used or reproduced elsewhere without permission.
Comments are welcome. However, I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
- Comments including profanity
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
- Comments containing hate speech, credible threats, or direct attacks on an individual or group
The blog owner is not responsible for the content in comments.
This policy is subject to change at anytime.
I receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with my website. For example, like many websites, I use “cookies,” other technologies to keep track of the web searches you make while visiting this website, as well as your web surfing behaviour on this website and other websites you may visit. I do this to to enhance your online experience and to learn about how you use the website in order to improve the quality of my services or serve appropriate advertising and I obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses my sites.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. For more information see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Examples of the information I collect and analyse include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through, and from my website, including date and time. I use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Personal information is not being collected via cookies, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
On the first day of every month I send out a newsletter. In these monthly emails I update you on what I’ve been up to, what travels I have planned for the next month, and I’ll send you some of my latest blog posts; just in case you’ve missed them. I may also tell you about my favourite travel products or tours around Scotland that I enjoyed (may contain affiliate links). Your details will never be shared with anyone else (no third parties) and you are free to cancel your subscription at any time – just hit unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. Want to join the Watch Me See clan? Sign up here!
Affiliate links help online shops identify where you have heard about their products and services. When you click on an affiliate link on Watch Me See to a recommended product or service (and then purchase), you are giving the content creator (me) some credit at no extra cost to you. This is one of the many ways that travel bloggers make money so they can keep sharing their tips and tricks with their readers. Even though I use affiliate links in my blog posts (and sometimes the newsletter) that does not compromise the quality of my content or the trustworthiness of my recommendations. Here are some of the companies that I trust and recommend in my posts:
- Amazon: Travel can be so much easier if you pack the right clothes and equipment, which is why I love recommending items that help me to optimise my own travel experience. Like all of our affiliate links, shopping these recommended products on Amazon does not cost you extra money.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Booking.com + TripAdvisor: These two platforms are essential sources of advice on accommodation options around the world, and I personally book most of my accommodation via Booking.com – I love sharing these with you.
- Scottish tour companies: To me, ethical travel is all about supporting local businesses, which is why I love telling you about local Scottish tour companies who offer a variety of tours around Scotland. You may find links to recommended companies, such as Rabbie’s, Timberbush Tours or Highland Explorer Tours.
- Activities + attractions: Just like tours, visiting sightseeing attractions or experiencing outdoor activities is part of almost any trip to Scotland. Sometimes I may direct you to attractions directly, or to tour booking platforms, where you can book online tickets in advance or access special deals. Recommended activities and attractions might include, tours via Get Your Guide or fast-track tickets via Tiqets.
- Transport: I currently only use the affiliate scheme for a car rental price comparing site called Auro Europe – I usually book my rental cars through there, as I always find the best deals for cars & insurance there. In the future I may add affiliate links to public transport services and other local transport options.
Partnerships + sponsored content:
From time to time I partner with companies that I love – either after me pitching a project to them, or them approaching me to create content to help promote their brand, product, service or campaign. You will know when a post has been created in collaboration with a partner by looking at the disclaimer at the bottom of the post. There are a few possible texts you will find:
- “This post has been sponsored by BRAND.” means that I have received monetary compensation for the creation of the post. However, this does not mean that the brand has paid me to say something positive about them – all the sponsored content I create presents an honest and thorough reflection of my personal experience and opinion with the brand.
- “In collaboration with BRAND.” means that no money has been involved, but rather I have created an honest review of a service, product or tour I was invited to try.
- “This trip was supported by BRAND.” means that elements of the trip I’m writing about have been provided to me by a brand, for example when a tourism board provides a hotel for a few nights of my trip, I will use this disclaimer.
Adverts are a good way for me to generate an income (and support myself while I keep creating content for Watch Me See) that doesn’t change much about your experience on my website.
The image ads you see on this website are Mediavine ads. These are not explicitly endorsed by me; they are chosen by Mediavine via an algorithm. Generally, they are relevant to the page material, and may be useful to you, the reader!
Watch Me See and the owner (me, Kathi Kamleitner) assume no liability for products purchased outside of WatchMeSee.com.
While every effort and care is taken in preparing the content of this site, I disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information in any of the content. I also (to the extent permitted by law) shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information on this website. Neither am I liable for any losses or damages arising from the use of, or reliance on sites linked to this site, or the Internet in general.